Social Media Freelancer (Project-Based)
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Video freelancer to join our team. You will work on social video strategy, and have a hand in video publishing on all social platforms.
• Work on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok video publishing.
• Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and video creators to achieve goals and meet deadlines, analyzing and reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities.
• Embed with brand-focused video teams, like Pero Like and Nifty, and help them set up their content for success on various social platforms.
• Launch accounts and grow audiences on emerging video platforms like TikTok. Work on emerging platform features like Instagram reels. Adapt existing content to better suit these platforms.
• Engage with the BuzzFeed community across platforms.
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• 1-2 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• Social media reporting experience and data analysis skills
• An understanding of social video and how to optimize it for different platforms.
• Preferably experience with lightweight video editing/ knowledge of Adobe Premiere
• An understanding of virality and the media landscape
• Be a self-motivated person who isn’t afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
• Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
• Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.