BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Fellow to join its team in New York by June 2021. While the Fellow will be working remotely at the beginning of the Fellowship, we do require that the work be done from New York and that the fellow return to the BuzzFeed New York office when the rest of the team does. The Fellow will primarily provide publishing and editorial support for the BuzzFeed affiliate social media team.
The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media, and all things BuzzFeed. We’re looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This Fellowship is part of a year-long program. Fellows work 40 hours per week and are initially paid $18/hour. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply.
- Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts and finding/creating content across platforms.
- Read and watch BuzzFeed content and find creative ways to adapt Buzzfeed.com content to new platforms.
- Optimize content across Facebook, Instagram + Instagram Stories, Twitter, Apple News, the BuzzFeed App, and more
- Prepare insights for the social and editorial teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization
- Test creative and copy to discover ways to maximize engagement and traffic
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue
- Generate reports/sharing pertinent information across multiple teams
- May be required to work weekends
- Proven organizational and administrative experience
- Understanding of social platforms and messaging apps, and why content on those platforms became popular.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition.
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet (no haters).
- Flexible with changing workloads
- Previous social and/or e-commerce experience a big plus
- Include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position, and what your favorite BuzzFeed social page is and why. You can share this information in the document you upload in place of a cover letter. No formal cover letters, please
- Send through 3 examples of BuzzFeed shopping content (on any of our accounts) that you feel did well. Share why you think our audience enjoyed the shopping content (hint: think visually with social sharing in mind).
- Tell us about your favorite non-BuzzFeed publishers and what you think theyre doing well to promote content on any of their social platforms. Of course, your examples won’t include BuzzFeed content.
- Provide links to your public social media accounts.
- Attach a resume- 1 Page only.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.