BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a shopping- and products-focused editor for a full-time position in our New York office. BuzzFeed’s shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented and entertaining content for a shopping-minded audience (see our “Shopping” page for examples).
The ideal candidate is an experienced and conversational writer and editor with proven skill in consumer- and shopping-related content (including longform work). They will help our audience discover great products through fun and informative formats, from thoughtful and in-depth product reviews to themed roundups and more. If you’re the type of person who’s constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we’d love to hear from you! Bonus for anyone with experience managing a small team of staff or freelancers.
- Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Write and edit shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Track and analyze your posts’ site traffic and affiliate analytics.
- Possibly manage a freelance network and/or small team.
- Previous experience editing and writing for a magazine or website, or exemplary blogging/writing experience about consumer products
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
- A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Previous affiliate experience a big plus
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
- Discuss your shopping habits (for example: what do you always buy in-store vs. online, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people don’t know about, etc.).
- Tell us about a couple of products that you’re obsessed with.
- Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
FYI — just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.