The Shopping team’s mission is to provide a service to our readers by carefully curating shopping content, ultimately minimizing the work they need to do to find products and services that will help them live their lives better. We do this through loads of product research, brand discovery, product testing and data analytics. Our goal is to turn BuzzFeed into a shopping destination people return to regularly, because we’ve established trust with our readers through our devotion to quality, authenticity, and diversity. We strive to combine great product-curation with an entertaining writing style and relatable POV, so even if the products aren’t right for a reader, they can click away feeling like their time was well-spent.
We are looking for a Senior Writer for a full-time position on this team. The ideal candidate is an experienced and conversational writer and editor with proven skill in consumer- and shopping-related content. If you’re the type of person who’s constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we’d love to hear from you!
- Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Write and edit shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Track and analyze your posts’ site traffic and affiliate analytics in order to strategically pitch new ideas
- Previous experience writing shopping content for a magazine or website
- Previous experience with affiliate data and networks preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Genuine love for the internet and eCommerce
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Willingness to work on branded content as needed
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.