Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed’s People Team is looking to bring on a recruiter to our Talent Acquisition Team! As a Recruiter on our team, adaptability is one of your strong suits, and you’re comfortable supporting full-cycle recruiting across various lines of business globally. While we are working remotely until September 2021, this position will be located in either our NYC or LA office.
Our recruitment team is bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, and a genuine sense of team spirit. We work closely with other People teams and key hiring leaders across the company.
- Lead recruiting strategy and plans with hiring managers and people partners.
- Create an effective interviewing and sourcing strategy with a focus on diverse talent.
- Have a strong awareness of the talent market to provide insights and direction on how best to approach a search.
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future search strategies.
- Identify and nurture relations with external organizations, local events and conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term and long-term hiring needs.
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline and promote BuzzFeed’s employment brand
- Ideally 4+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience, ideally in-house in a media industry.
- Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, and relevant sourcing messages and to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired and excited about BuzzFeed
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining a strong relationship with candidates, people partners and hiring teams
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, negotiating, and networking with candidates at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.Life at BuzzFeedAt BuzzFeed, You Can ExpectAt BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.