Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, articulate, and detail-oriented person to serve as a Finance Associate. You will support our Finance Team with FP&A requirements across several divisions. You will also focus on strategic initiatives, including M&A, and operational implementations throughout the Company.
This role will require strong organizational skills to help manage the multiple division’s expenses, guide discussions with senior managers across the divisions, and evaluate/implement strategic operational projects for top management.
This is a dynamic role within the finance department, and comes with abundant learning opportunities. You will report to the Director of Finance and will have many opportunities to work with BuzzFeed’s top management. This is an ideal position for an individual who has gained finance experience in corporate finance or development, consulting and/or strategy, and is now looking for ways to apply those skills to a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Create analyses that guide financial strategic decisions, including but not limited to the ability to forecast and pace revenue to highlight areas of risk and opportunity
- Lead and support ad-hoc strategic analyses, developing key insights that support business initiatives by collaborating with key business leaders
- Evaluate and develop business cases in support of new product launches
- Help establish actionable, operating metrics and reports; track and analyze key business drivers, macro and micro market trends, and operating metrics
- Review and own the budgets and forecasts across multiple divisions, and support their strategic planning processes
- Support the evaluation and analysis of businesses, including potential acquisition targets, and assist in the coordination of due diligence processes
- 3+ years of Finance Experience at a top investment bank, consulting firm, valuation/transactional services arm of a top accounting firm
- Strong quantitative and excel financial modeling skills
- Deep understanding of financial statements and quantitative performance metrics
- Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership, and influence and guide change through value added input
- Ability to tailor communications to audiences as appropriate, including distilling highly technical concepts into easily understandable language
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple work streams while making sure all analysis is error free
- Ability to manage analysts and associated day-to-day responsibilities
- Self-starter with a track record of identifying opportunities and executing on critical projects
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.Life at BuzzFeedAt BuzzFeed, You Can ExpectAt BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.