BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a writer who has experience creating and editing features content for an online publication to join the branded Creative team in New York/LA. You will work with the wider team to develop a range of BuzzFeed and HuffPost content for advertising partners, with a focus on long-form articles. Love the art of interviewing sources and creating a full-length story? Have some experience editing lifestyle articles? Excited by the challenge of creatively addressing client needs? This may be the position for you!
This is a fixed-term position through the end of 2021 and reports to the Senior Manager, Branded Content.
This role is open to LA and NYC
- Create exciting and shareable BuzzFeed and HuffPost content — this could be lists, quizzes, shopping articles, or other branded content formats with a focus on long-form articles that involve research and interviewing sources
- Help edit long-form articles written by other team members
- Contribute to Creative meetings and brainstorm sessions
- Pitch ideas, both internally and directly to clients
- Thoughtfully incorporate client feedback while staying true to the BuzzFeed and HuffPost voices
- Work with our Sales and Account Management teams to ensure the brand’s needs are met
- Manage multiple projects at a time and work with several different teams across the business organization
- Follow legal guidelines and client restrictions when writing content
- 5+ years of experience writing and editing news or features content for an online publication
- Some form of advertising, agency, copywriting or branded content experience
- Experience writing across many topics, from food to fashion to finance and beyond
- Experience brainstorming and pitching parallax or other types of visual, interactive projects
- Familiarity with Ceros is a plus
- Experience writing for multicultural audiences is a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.