Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an Equipment Coordinator to join our Los Angeles Production Technology team. BuzzFeed produces a wide scope of diverse content, ranging from short form social media content to BuzzFeed episodic shows. This role will be integral in the smooth day-to-day operation of our equipment inventory, which includes managing orders and discussing build options with producers of varying experience.
- Provide friendly, helpful day-to-day support to our content producers for their equipment needs.
- Assemble orders for check-out and prep them for pickup/delivery using equipment check-out/check-in system.
- Receive returns and restock shelves to rebuild inventory.
- Assess equipment and gear for function and working quality.
- Answering simple questions from users regarding equipment recommendations.
- Escalate any equipment damage or policy infractions to the Equipment Lead.
- Perform simple repairs on cameras, lighting, and grip equipment as necessary.
- Package and ship equipment orders to producer’s residences or the BuzzFeed New York office.
- Implement new policy decisions as directed by the Equipment Lead.
- 1+ years experience of on-set grip, gaff, camera, or sound experience
- Prefer 1+ years experience in an equipment rental house
- Familiarity with camera, lenses & other production gear
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Exhibit polished and timely written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Equipment service/maintenance experience a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.Life at BuzzFeedAt BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.