BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet. Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed’s Learning and Diversity teams are looking for a new team member to help us build our Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging function and support our learning programs. This role will be great for anyone who has a strong interest in helping employees develop the skills they need to reach their career goals AND helping organizations become a place where employees can bring their authentic selves to work.
The Diversity & Learning Manager will report to the Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Design & facilitate diversity training sessions (example: unconscious bias, difficult conversations about race, allyship, etc.)
- Measure and communicate the effectiveness of diversity programs
- Design diversity programs (discussion groups, speaker series, etc.)
- Lead and support learning programs and monthly programming as needed (instructor-led and online)
- Create diversity reports that will be shared with BuzzFeed leaders
- Draft diversity-related communications
- Help plan cohort-based leadership programs
- Experience leading diversity & inclusion programs
- Experience facilitating in-person and virtual training sessions
- Experience planning events (small or large)
- Experience managing projects and/or programs (especially development programs)
FYI — just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, you will be expected to come into the New York or Los Angeles offices.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A great benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. We aim to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.